I’ve been meaning to make pumpkin pie play dough for weeks now and finally got around to it today. Lucy’s friend was over, and we were in need of something extra fun and fall-like to do. Making pumpkin pie play dough was the perfect activity to do with a friend and had the added benefit of leaving the best fall aroma in our home the rest of the day!
We followed our regular play dough recipe, but added some pumpkin pie spice this time. (This recipe also uses a bit less salt than other recipes, but I’ve found it really keeps the play dough from drying out over time and is extra soft!)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon oil (we used sunflower oil)
- food coloring
- pumpkin pie spice
1. Put all the ingredients in a pot.
2. Stir it continually over medium heat until it forms a ball. Take it off the heat and dump it onto parchment paper or wax paper.
3. Once it cools you can knead it a bit until it’s mixed fully and soft. We added some pumpkin pie spice to the dough and kneaded it in by hand. It smelled so good! We were almost tempted to eat it!